The purpose of the Bourbon County Regional Detention Center is to provide, in an effective manner, the highest degree of security for the citizens of Bourbon County, and safety for both inmates and staff. The philosophy of the facility is based on the three underlying assumptions:
- Incarceration is, in and of itself punishment.
- All inmates shall be held accountable for their actions.
Inmates shall leave the facility no worse physically, emotionally or psychologically than when they entered.
A positive atmosphere shall be created for both inmates and staff by providing:
- A safe and secure environment.
- Trained correctional personnel.
- A variety of programs that provide inmates an opportunity to prepare themselves for return to the community.
Positive incentives for inmates through classification system based on behavior.
The staff and management of the Bourbon County Regional Detention Center are committed to the preservation of the basic human rights and dignity of the inmate population as prescribed by the Constitution of the United States and the Laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Steven L. Kellam, Jail Administrator